Home Forums DNP Professional Growth Work life balance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

How can DNP-prepared nurses balance their work and personal life while trying to advance their careers?

Arnetta
    Participant

Hi Laura, thank you for your question. I am a full-time DNP student and was a transfer student last year. So, my first year at the previous university was scattered and disconnected; I had been out of school for almost 20 years, so I had to get acclimated to studying and working simultaneously. What helped me was I had to sit down and write down my priorities, which included setting up a calendar and my work schedule. Luckily, my job had self-scheduling, so I scheduled my study time around my days off. I set boundaries and tried to keep the commitment to doing homework on my days off. We, as nurses, know our health is essential, and getting enough sleep is imperative. I prioritized my physical and mental health with my physical health. I go bowling twice a week, and for my mental health, I satisfy that with my religious faith. My faith and regular interaction with my family, facilitated by a group family text, played a significant role in maintaining my mental well-being. It took me a year to coordinate the essential things in my life. Work-life balance is a continuous process to ensure that I stay on track with my goals.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.